Monday, June 29, 2015

Why I am a christian and a LGBT supporter

Today I broke my relationship with my church in support of Lgbt rights and because they were preaching against it. By doing so I saved my relationship with christ.
What makes it so difficult for people to understand and accept the lgbt community. I have never given this question much thought until my church decided to go and speak out against the bill that awards gay people the right to marriage.
The bible talks about homosexuality in few random versus and that is enough for the community to be delegated to the sinful box. The bible as any other religious book is written by men over a period of time and under various political and social transformations. Taking every word and verse in context is probably not a very responsible thing to do. But then if it was responsible  it wouldn't exactly be  a religion. Religion sings to the masses spirituality appeals to the individual soul.

I am a practicing believer of christ. He is my spiritual master and I try and follow his teachings and the road which he etched for us through his teachings.Christ has always preached acceptance and love. The only rule he ever had was love one another. He loved the moneylender and prostitute alike. He did not judge then and he does not judge now. If we are the new age believers of christ then the only rule that we need to remember is about unconditional love.

He died on the cross for everybody irrespective of their caste, creed or sexual preference. He preached the power of the conscience his only rule was to love , to do unto another as you would like to be done unto you.

As christains we believe that judgement is only god's then who are we to judge and say that being LGBT is wrong. Who are we to take away their fundamental rights ? it is his and only his to judge.
Preaching against another fellow being is sin, causing him angst and trauma is sin you are a human hence any step taken to punish another is sin.

Why do we forget this one basic principle . Marriage is a legal process which man has  linked to the spiritual. Who are we to deny people their basic legal rights ? 
I do not support those who take on themselves to lable others as living in sin just because they do not understand or associate with their choices.  I believe in following only christ and I can do that by loving and accepting my fellow humans without question and judgement and knowing that judgemnet is only his.

No comments: