Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My beef with you.....I guess Frogs will have to do

I am scared to post a picture of a lovely beef stake that I ate in Bali. A free citizen of my country and my heart flutters thinking of the repercussions which could be violent. The death of a person for eating meat is something that is still difficult to digest. Along with the fact that a public out cry was needed to make arrests.
This smell of riots that tore Mumbai apart fills the air and our hearts and I wonder how far are we from that one matchstick which will set thousands of innocents on fire because the government is not taking the necessary steps to dampen the ambers of hatred.
It is completely beyond me why would any government in its  sane mind allow a situation to exist which in the long run could lead to wide spread violence is a cow more important that a person ?
In a secular society why is there any space for religious preference.....

India continues to be one the leading beef exporters in the world, so it s quite possible that the beef I ate in Bali came from India. Now I wonder what sort of logic is applied to this beef law passed on religious sentiments in India and what exactly is its goal ? sentimental or business ? more beef more export hence more money to the business owners.

Maybe we need to start eating frogs tasty creatures tried them will they be cheap ?

In this whole circus.....the loss.... of the common citizens of livelihood, of affordable food of the right to live.

Dandiya one of the most colorful and cosmopolitan festivals in India is now tainted with anti communal sentiment. In Gujarat Muslims and Christians are not allowed to participate unless they convert.
The fact that something like this has been said is not surprising the fact that no action has been taken against VHP is what has surprised me the most.....

I am a Indian my culture my soil is very dear to me. I am also a christian. My faith and my Nationality have nothing to do with each other. I have been proud of my country, the so called lifestyle of the first world countries has never appealed to me.

But today I wonder what kind of future does my country offer me ? My heart pumps faster than needed as I write this post....one filled with fear and hatred where Indians are being manipulated like puppets and sacrificed at the alter of politics.


1 comment:

Snipper186 said...

"It is completely beyond me why would any government in its sane mind allow a situation to exist which in the long run could lead to wide spread violence is a cow more important that a person ?" - Now madhu, Are you referring this question to State government or Central Government or just a specific person! I'm asking this because, Media has been successful in running a week long debate on Dadri incident pointing our PM. So wanted to know whom do you blame and whom are you referring here when you ask this question? Can we legally blame PM or central government and file charges against them or can we legally question the State government for the law & order situation ? Your views !

Around 13,805 people have been killed in communal riots between 2009 and 2014 ( as per official stats shared by previous government), which translates to roughly 8 people die every day due to riots or communal fight. So are we as society questioning the government for law and order ? Or is it just that this recent incident happened ahead of Bihar elections, so finger pointing and politics were played around and media coverage given ? Why only dadri incident, Media should question each such incident and question the right authorities. Are we being selective in this just before the election to give a communican angle ? Your views !


Also as per the beef exports from India are concerned, im sure you are aware that 88% of the exports are water buffalo meat, which the states and government is promoting exports. On October 26, 2005, the Supreme Court of India, in a landmark judgement upheld the constitutional validity of anti-cow slaughter laws enacted by different state governments in India. 24 out of 29 states in India currently have various regulations prohibiting either the slaughter or sale of cows. Kerala, West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim are the states where there is no restrictions on cow slaughter. So i guess we ( means the people of these 24 states including maharashta) should fight legally for ensuring that cow slaughter is revoked and sale of cow meat (beef) is allowed. Are we as citizens doing something to revoke this ban and challenge the legal orders ? I guess that will help resolve the issue rather than commenting or sharing our views online. By the way its no harm in consuming beef or pork or whatever you like. No government has a right to restrict my food choice, but then its been done in Maharashta, so are we doing something to challeneg this ?? Need your views, as i too support to challenge this legally !


Also regarding the fringe elements like VHP, Bajrang Dal and other communical groups, can you suggest how can we file a case against them and ban them. You being in Media have the poer to run their stories and show the people their ugly side. I too will support you in doing so, just let me know how can be file cases against them. As only after cases and criminal charges are filed against them, we as society can stop them. Your views on how you can control them ? I support you here too


To conclude, i just need to add that i fully stand with you and your views against the hatred and harassment of innocent people in the country, but these are the same views 20 years back when people used to comment or express against the ill happenings in society, Now we also add blame game. But can we actually challenge this legally, as only then there will be change in society. Media has power, but most of them are been controlled by the same politicians and hence they too show one sided views. Based on these media stories, we start commenting and taking sides and blame the politicians. But there are very few who actually study the facts and legally challenge the culprits. Guess we need to start doing that and unless that time, we need to re-frame pointing or blaming any party or person.

Be it any party or politician, if legally found guilty he should be punished. Again these are my views