Monday, July 31, 2006

Pictures


Sexuality has been a topic that has always got eyeballs be it represented in any form. Glancing
across my daily dose of mid day i came across a article on a exhibition titled clits and tits. The artist defending the breach of verbal propriety with artistic licence.As I discussed the peg to the
story with a colleague I was trying to advocate the same right.But now as i bring my thoughts
together on the idea,i realise that the visuals have not left any kind of a sensory impact.Then what does the worth of the whole excercise boil down to shock value ?....can he be forgiven for
abusing our sensitivities.I am not against sexuality I am against crudeness.

The walls of jehangir art gallery have been witness to many a artists vision,as you sail alongside each dream you can feel their dreams talk to you alive,draped in colour and symmetry.

This time it is about a thought which perhaps hastily scribbled on canvas with a theme that never forgets to invoke a response. As they say any Publicity is good publicity.

No comments: