Friday, June 09, 2006

The Boss

The boss is the most important person in your life,i guess even more important than your spouse.He can make you or break you.This post is dedicated to my boss the editor in chief of
Times now.Its been a year since I have commenced working with him and he has been a bag of surprises.Good ones.Its always taken for granted that a anchor is a fire spewing foul mouthed
autocrat,and you prepare yourself to stand before the dragon.Frankly when i took the offer my colleauges had warned me of walking into hell itself.But i had made up my mind.

Today as I write this I think i did no wrong.I can say that my boss is the one of the most fair men i have met in this profession.Not denying that he has moments and during them i wont deny i felt like probably it should rain on him.
But he has accepted editorial judgement of mine and actually canceled his story idea becasue i thought it was something not right and the most heartening thing was when he pacified a intern becasuse she was upset that another reporter was send to cover a event for a beat that was hers......... there is hope and i see it everyday in a black shirt, specatcles and a hypersensitive attitude.

No comments: